Who we are
This website is run by Valerie Ferguson who you can contact at:
Unit 16447, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US, UK
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Santé Bon Viveur may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your email address and the content of your message is captured when you submit a contact form. That information is kept for one year for customer service purposes, as an audit trail in case we enter into follow-up correspondence. The information you submit through a contact form is never used for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website currently uses the following third-party service providers. This may be updated and reviewed at any time, so please ensure you visit this page regularly.
- AddToAny share buttons. Enhances the user experience by allowing users to save and share website content – www.addtoany.com/privacy
- Akismet Anti-Spam. Logs user data to combat spam – https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). Supports near instantaneous loading of web pages compatible with multiple platforms – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl-en
- Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP. Makes sure the default WordPress AMP plugin uses the correct Yoast SEO plugin metadata to underpin multiple platform compatibility. https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/
- Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights. We use Google Analytics to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Jetpack by WordPress.com. Underpinning functionality for WordPress.com hosted websites. https://jetpack.com/support/privacy/
- jQuery Pin It Button for Images by High Five Plugins. Highlights images on hover and adds a “Pin It” button over them for easy pinning. https://highfiveplugins.com/privacy-policy/
- MailChimp for WordPress. Adds signup boxes to the website and allows the management of subscriber lists and newsletters. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Redirection. Manages redirected URL addresses within the website. https://redirection.me/support/privacy-gdpr/
- Rgenerate Thumbnails. Allows changing size of images on the website. By default, this plugin does not log or transmit any user data.
- Vaultpress. Website backups are prepared and stored to prevent loss of data, images and written content. https://automattic.com/privacy/
- WordPress is our content management system. By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors
- WP Ultimate Recipe. Plugin that optimises recipe layout. https://wpultimaterecipe.com
- Yoast SEO. Allows editors of the website to create content optimised for retrieval by search engines. https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To request such data removal, please write to:
Valerie Ferguson, Santé Bon Viveur, Unit 16447, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required to do so by law.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You may opt-out of all future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails.